Thursday, July 31, 2014

Foil bags will be the death of me

Help Me...Tell me the secret...
How the fuck do you get a Burning Hot cooked chicken at the supermarket into the silver foil bags they supply without losing your fingerprints or coming away with 3rd degree burns on your palms???
I totally get why they supply them, I'm all for a hot chook.  I'm happy to keep the squirty, crampy food poison away from my stomach but seriously how do you actually get them in the bag?
Obviously I'm not the only one who struggles with this ridiculously planned vessel. 
There were 3 ripped up bags when i got there and I added 2 more to the pile.
Whats the point if you have to rip the bloody bag apart to get it in.  Its not really keeping anything hot anymore is it?  The St John Ambulance could use my left over bags to keep hypothermic patients warm.  More blanket than bag once I'm finished with it.
Do they just do it to give the girls in the deli a laugh.

I get the chicken about half way in and then it just stops and won't go in any further, more attempts at pushing it in just results in ripping the bag further. 
At this point I'm swearing under my breath, through clenched teeth and chucking a couple of toddler tantrum stomps with my feet as well. 
The problem is that you literally can't hold them for more than 3 seconds at a time before you have to drop them or loose layers of skin.
There's also an unwritten rule about how long you can stand there wrestling with that bag without looking dodgy or that your trying to shoplift the steaming poultry.  Although I say if someone is gangsta enough to try and shove one of those down there pants, then they deserve to keep it. 
I think they should provide a hot chook concierge like they do at the petrol pumps at the service station. They could stand by the metal rack of death and put the birds in the bags for you. 
I'm sure they could supply heat resistant gloves for the poor bastard.
Come on Countdown there has to be a better way.  This is Stupid.  And it really hurts.  And you feel like a dick when you can't do it.  I just walk away with half a chicken sticking out of a ripped foil bag taunting me the whole way round the supermarket.  I end up having to run so the chicken doesn't cool down before I get to the checkout.

Is there a secret to this?  What am i doing wrong? Anyone else hate those fucken foil bags?

9 comments:

  1. Shake one bag open, second bag goes on hand like oven mit, grab hot chick oven mitted hand place in shaken open bag, if doesn't go fully in third bag goes on end sticking out, wrap over like a lil foil blanket! If all of that fails place another foil bag on head incase aliens come to bum you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg you have spent far too long at the supermarket working that out or you are a bloody genius?!

      Delete
    2. Have just had to deal with aliens too many times! Hahahaa !! And there's nothing like a fully foil bag wrapped chicken for the checkout person to have to deal with. In your face stink bag providers. Or if at self scan that's a 'don't bother just claim it like land rights' never mind the scan and pay (please note all or none of this maybe true and no correspondence will be entered into with any winners)

      Delete
  2. Our chickens come in resealable, heat resistant carry bags ... Ill get you one the next time your here chick! Love your blogs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah hold up that sounds amazing! But you can't throw promises out there like that and then be 'Anonymous'??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And after all the struggling & juggling, then you get to the checkout to be told off as you have put it around the wrong way in the bag!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I would actually just burst into tears if I had to do it twice

      Delete
  5. I use 2 bags, the chook gets a bag for its bum end and another for its where its head was end : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaahhh the 2 bag invention seems to be the go! I shall take this advice on board for my next shopping expedition. Ta muchly

      Delete