Wednesday, April 16, 2014

My Old Washing Machine was a dick

Nothing is more frustrating on a gorgeous sunny day than your washing machine deciding to be a complete dick.  One week and 10 mounting piles of dirty washing later, we made the decision to head to the shops, ten minutes before they closed cause that's how we roll, and get us a brand spanking new one.
In my head I figured it was going to be a pretty quick and easy purchase.  I just needed something to bung the clothes in, bit of powder, press a button and walk away.  Mistake number One was taking the husband.  Suddenly I was steered away from the cheap $500 machines with the sale stickers on them and found myself standing uncomfortably mesmerised in front of a salesman who really knew far too much about washing machines to be healthy.  At one point during his enthusiastic spiel, I interrupted him and told him how impressed I was with his knowledge of drum size and energy ratings.  He paused mid infomercial and gave me a weird little smile, like he gets compliments like that everyday, and carried on to explain the pros and cons of Front loader vs Top loaders proudly.  I don't mind admitting he was losing me at this point, I was starting to contemplate climbing into one, closing the lid and checking out what was new on face book.  As soon as I heard him mention Bosch and German engineering, I knew he had the husband right where he wanted him, and this guy was good, he never left us alone long enough for me to do that clenched teeth, side whisper about how bloody expensive these machines were and if we are going to spend that much I vote for a new lounge suite??   Next thing I knew I was at the counter with credit card in hand, husband had run out the door to drive the van round the back to pick it up.  He didn't want to pay the extra $50 to have it delivered and installed?! Oh no $50 is too expensive but $1500 for a new machine is a bargain apparently?!
I will say the new machine is earning its place in our laundry nicely.  The 8 yr old is constantly asking if he can put the powder in and turn it on.  If only he wanted to hang it out, bring it in and fold the bloody stuff too.  The clothes and towels seem to be pretty happy about the new appliance as well.  I swear they are lining up to get in.  They come out looking like they've been in a day spa.  If towels had limbs, they would all be climbing into the basket with jazz hands and tap shoes.

1 comment:

  1. Haha that is so funny glad to see another post have missed them x

    ReplyDelete