Monday, May 27, 2013

It was a long day today

I had a pretty long day today.  Won't go into the boring details.  Just trust me it was long.
Not bad or anything.  Just long.
I think it had a lot to do with the hours and hours I spent on my hands and knees weeding the arse out of my garden yesterday.  I'm not a weeder normally.  Ask anyone.  In fact I've probably only done it twice in my whole life.  By the time it was all over my back, knees and fingers felt like they needed to be admitted to the local rest home for an extended stay of complete bed rest and liquid food to recover.
That was yesterday.   I was dreading today.  Today I'm feeling it in my thighs and lower back.
Nothing too serious but it would be a shame not to exaggerate the groans as I stand and sit for my families benefit.  They need to know how bloody hard I worked yesterday.  Thank you very much.
So tonight after my long day I figured I deserved a long, hot soak in the tub.
Picture this.  Pissing down rain on the roof.  Thunder and lightning even.  Candles lit on every surface of the bathroom.  Running a big deep bath.  Added some Epsom salts for my aching muscles (yes I'm 70! and what?) Had some nice kiwi music playing softly for ambiance.  My book is at the ready.
I can feel myself relaxing already.  I go to climb in and WTF? the bloody hot water has run out half way thru the filling so now I'm stuck with a very pathetic Luke warm bath.  Which to a bath connisure (?) like myself is just basically Shit house.  The worst kind of Shit house.  "Well too bad" I said out loud to the universe with maybe a few other words containing letters like KCUF and possibly some that may or may not have sounded a bit like Brother Ducker added to the statement.  "I will not be a victim, I am having a bloody bath" so I sat in my crappy bath and pretended like everything was freaken awesome until I couldn't handle it any longer and hypothermia seemed like a very real possibility.
Thank god for electric blankets and my wonderful mum sending me supplies to replenish my hidden Chocolate Supply.  I needed it right now.  Nothing fixes a long day and aching muscles like a whole bag of Whittakers White Chocolate and Raspberry mini slabs.
Just did some casual weeding.  No biggie!


3 comments:

  1. Shelley I think the bath is just too big, may need to be replaced by a smaller one. I am proud of you doing all that weeding. I bet you have stood at your front door admiring those beds that now look so good. Keep up the good work. Maybe the Orchard could be next

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that u ate that whole bag, what better way to get over a tepid bath, suck eggs, perhaps cinderella couldve run jugs of boiled water to your rescue.....sigh....you should really have constantly yelled out "hastag...Hashtag...HASHTAG"!! Gibby made really good cheese scones for sunday night soup dinner, even tho Im not supposed to eat at this time of night I have just downed one while reading ur blog, bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could have boiled the jug like we used to do and added that to your tepid bath............. Well done with the gardening thing! A little impressed up here!! Is Daddy on the way down to see you???? I presume he will be the one to move the wheelbarrow........... just kidding! xx

    ReplyDelete