Friday, October 25, 2013

F You Period Hormones

 So had a bit of a fight with the Husband over the weekend.  You know the usual.  Hes wrong and I'm right but he doesn't agree.  Dick.  This, plus a busy weekend working together resulted in us not really talking.  Come Monday morning the air is still pretty frosty but the Husband gets to jump in a truck and drive off for a whole week away.  Yip SEEYA!  
10 minutes after the cloud of dust settles from his departure, I get the girly guilt's and figure I better send the inevitable 'make up' text and put the world all ok again.  So I send a nice text along the lines of "Sorry lets be friends, blah blah"...*crickets... Nothing, no reply.  OK I figure he's still mad.  Leave it.  An hour later I send another one.  Still Nothing.  God he's really mad, weird?  Sweetas, I can play that game too.  I've tried, now I'll leave it up to him.  2 hours later I start to get all stalker on it and send another one.  With each passing hour, I'm getting more manic and desperate.  Thoughts of "He hates me" "Hes bringing Divorce papers home with him" start to play out in my mental brain. Monday comes and goes with no communication.  I have the worst day.  I can't believe he's this mad.  The fight wasn't even that big? WTF? 
Tuesday I wake up with a headache from my crappy worry sleep.  I send another text and then resign myself to a life alone with 14 cats.  
Tuesday night the land line rings and its the Husband all chirpy "Hiii" he says.  "Ummmm Hi" I say back suspiciously.  He has rung to let me know he lost his phone getting in the car on Monday morning and a neighbour found it and could I go pick it up from them....ummmm OMFG the neighbour has probably seen the top two lines of each fucken text I have sent over the last 2 days!!! 
 I am mortified that a) I turned into such a mental teenager and that b) my neighbour has witnessed my manic break down!!  The husband didn't even realise we were still fighting?! I have just basically spent 2 days having a fight with myself?! 
I can't even bring myself to open my curtains in case I make eye contact with her.  I'm sending the kids over and digging myself a big hole in the back garden.  F@#k You Period Hormones!

2 comments: