Monday, December 10, 2012

Thank You Universe


 Phew we survived the big move and we did it still talking to each other.  Success.  This move felt a lot bigger than any of the others and we have done a few.  It took 3 days of load after load, we hired a big truck and a couple of cash strapped uni students.  The poor ones work the hardest I have found.  I even gave them lunch.  They were in heaven.  Its so much easier to boss people around when they are strangers and getting paid.  Family and friends just don't take so kindly to being whipped and sworn at.  The animals and kids are loving all the wide open spaces although my chooks who up until now have been completely free range struggled a tad with the new concept of fences, they have a massive area but spent the first few days pecking the shit out of the wire trying to get out to us.  They have now adjusted nicely to being contained sometimes and roaming the acre the rest of the time.  Compromise.  Our new garden is way to big to be going hunting for eggs in all the bushes and we decided that with this house we wanted to be able to run around in bare feet and didn't want to be side stepping Chicken shit everywhere we went.  Lets see how my sassy girls cope with a couple of extras added to their flock in the next couple of weeks.
We were very lucky and had my mum come and stay last week bringing my gorgeous niece with her.  Mums idea of relaxing is weeding my orchard.  I tried to let her do her thing and sit inside reading my book but my guilt got the better of me and had to go and join her.  At one point during the hours of garden torture she said "Isn't this relaxing, are you having fun?" I replied with a resounding "NO, weeding suxs." but I will admit its a lot more bearable when your weeding with someone and it looked bloody good at the end of it all.  I actually had tried a week before to weed between some rocks surrounding our big lawn but its hard with only one hand and I kept spilling my wine so I gave that up pretty quickly.
The thing with being a bit rural is all the bloody environment that keeps coming inside.  Flies, Spiders big arse moths.  We may end up investing in a fly spray company before the years out.
On the plus side being rural means not having to shut curtains or lock cars, it means I can yell at my kids without the neighbours calling CYPS and its all so bloody blissful.
Thank you Universe

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't spell in my last comment- I meant to type that we're looking forward to visiting after the pre xmas maddness dies down : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhhh sounds like my neck of the woods, cant believe moths can grow that big and still want to flap inside my house!! u gonna need a couple of those bug pisser things hard out, dont scream when you see your first massive spider! yay weeding hahaha Lynne so fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far the big big spiders are staying outside but I'll be touching wood on that one

      Delete
  4. yay for yelling space!!! our neighbours absolutely hate us like you would not believe, prolly due to the fact our youngest trantrums with the door wide open yelling "stop hurting me!" when no one is eve NEAR her. true story. arent kids awesome at times.
    Tuahiwi is just down the road from me! My Aunty had a gorgeous place there when I was a kid and I loved staying there. good memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bahhaaaa I love the crap that kids say!! Yay what a small world. We are definitly pleased to be out here, I can feel a really cruisy summer coming on :)

      Delete