Monday, July 30, 2012

The 3 R's

 


The Husband said to me the other day “You don’t seem to get rowdy and drunk with me like you do your friends?” and it got me thinking, He’s right! But I guess its really because my conversation is his conversation so a couple of wines over dinner seems enough and I tend to forget how much I’m consuming when I’m surrounded by a Well dressed bunch of Magpies, who are completely oblivious to the disapproving stares of the diners around us.  The 3 R’s 'Rowdy, Rawkus and Rude'.  
 Potty Mouths come out in force and copious amounts of alcohol is consumed, all in the aid of a good old fashioned Catch up or in our circle, this describes a typical ‘Vage (rythmes with Badge) Night’ or ‘Thirsty Thursday’.  The welcoming call of ‘Biiitttccchhes’ is often shrieked across a room as a new friend arrives.   
There’s no better place to be than lost in the middle of a bunch of girls who all have stuff to say in the loudest possible volume and who, due to life getting in the way, don’t tend to catch up very often this days so when we do, its all on.
 I certainly don’t go out to get shit-faced anymore but when the girls get together, one glass turns into two which turns into X amount of bottles pretty bloody quickly.  On the odd occasion, Hair must be held back or frozen carrots applied to head injuries.  Keep in mind we aren’t those annoying early 20 yr olds…we are those annoying mid 30’s booze hags who should know better…but where’s the fun it that!

Start of the night....

and the end!

4 comments:

  1. yyyyeeeeeee harrrrrrr!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel this blog could be a good spot to help prep my show be warned!!!
    U know who I am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha fun times but honestly it wasn't a bag of frozen carrots i used for my head injury it was a bag of frozen pees lol. i really don't like slippery tree trunks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it love it. The fun times....Bring on summer

    ReplyDelete