Monday, October 15, 2012

All things technical

As I take a 'me' moment to blog a little, I am surrounded by 'stuff'.  Lists of things to do or people to call, spreadsheets to fill in, money to bank and warranty books to post away.  Sometimes do you just want to be like someone on the movies who is planning a dirty mid lunch shag on a desk and throw your arm out and dramatically push all the stuff on the floor to clear a spot? I feel like doing that but without the shagging end result.  I just want the clear surface.
But all these things once done will result in me being that few steps closer to securing our new piece of Aotearoa and what a piece it is.  Wicked Strawbale haven on 4000m of established gardens - real estate terms for a shit load of work but Happy Days cause included in the little Chattels list is my dream transport...a freaken ride on lawn mower peoples!!! Its funny how my family haven't wanted to fight me for the job at any of our other houses but all of a sudden I'm at the back of the queue for this one. 
The thing with buying a house is all the fiddly little stuff you have to do first...solicitors, building reports, insurance transfer, Lim...all these words are just making me want to fall asleep...bleh!
Its times like these I really wish my Mum lived next door, she is a demon packer.  That woman gets shit done!  I'm trying to con the husband into using a moving company so we don't have to rope 10 friends in and do 40 trips backwards and forwards but he keeps getting his frowny face on.  Its not looking hopeful.
It feels like an episode on 'The Block' where at the start they all like "ahh we've got ages to get this done, lets have a coffee" and then suddenly Mark Richardson will be calling '1 hour to go' and I won't have packed or anything..fuk!





2 comments:

  1. Good on you both. John is envious of your ride on mower too. He's always wanted to have one but with our postage stamp of a lawn it's never going to happen. Hope we can get to see it one day. I know what you mean about your Mum. Such an organised lady. Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. "That woman" has worked her magic at many of my houses she definitely is a star demon packer!

    ReplyDelete