Friday, October 19, 2012

Hello from Quitter Land

 I wanted to share with you the struggle I have had over the last week, or more precisely the last 4 days...or actually 4 and 3/4.
There seems to be a lot of dieting going on around me.  The Bestie has taken on the flash Cohens Program for the last 3 months and has seen dramatic results.  The husband was too much of a tight arse to follow suit so went and got a book out of the library all about 'Whole Foods'. He also has had dramatic results.  These results have not come easy.  They have been dedicated and have some fucken strong will power to resist anything convenient.  I should know I tried for 4 days to follow in their footsteps.  I wanted to support the husband and see if I could do it.
I am writing this from Quitter land.  I set myself a goal of one week and failed.
These past 4 days have been the hardest of my life.  No milk, No butter, No bread, No sugar, No preservatives, No additives, No Fat, No Oil, No pre-packaged goodies, No chocolate, No Chippies, No Alcohol.  I have just described my complete Happy daily intake.
Every second of each of those 4 and 3 quarters day I impressively made it til dinner time on the last day I thought about food.  Its not like I wasn't being fed good stuff, the husband was providing me with some pretty impressive looking dishes, dishes any normal person would've been salivating over.  But all my brain wanted was Fried Chicken and Hot Chips sprinkled with Chocolate Chippie biscuits all wrapped up in pastry.  That's the sort of random combinations my stomach was demanding when Spinach, Asparagus and Chicken mince was put in front of it.
I knew I was losing the battle when I cooked Chicken Wings for the kids dinner on the 3rd night, the husband was smart and went and hung out outside so not to see or smell the deliciousness....I called to him from the door "Help me, I'm in a crisis position, I can't resist the wings!!"  He just laughed and said "Why do you think I'm out here weeding the garden right now".  I held strong.  But I was definitely a gonna when I walked in the door last night and my nose immediately smelt the drumsticks/potato/gravy/corn casserole creation that was bubbling away on the stove.  I had 3 bowls full.  Dieting doesn't agree with me, ask those who have had to deal with my shitbagness over the last 4 days.  The husband was pleased I gave up so quickly, I'm not sure our marriage was going to survive another 3 days of no Cadbury in my system.

2 comments:

  1. You get the lack of will power ti diet from the Read side of the family! Love Aunty Kaye and well done on lasting nearly 4days, xx

    ReplyDelete