Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Early Happy Birthday to me

I feel like this might be a tourettes kinda blog today.  Too much in my brain to get it out in any kind of order.  Also I'm feeling really shattered and frazzled from living out of a suitcase for far too long.
I just wrote those two lines and then spent 30 seconds yawning and just staring at the screen.
I could have just waited until tomorrow and a good nights sleep to get started on this but I have already waited 10 hours to use my new toy.  The Husband has outdone himself again, its a common occurrence when your someone who is such a freaken ruler!
Let me paint the picture.  We get home from Auckland yesterday just in time to dump the luggage, give all our animals some attention and then head out the door to do the school pick ups.  In a week I'm sure my kids have grown.  It felt like 3 weeks.  Home to a sty of school bags, suit cases, groceries, mail, washing, catching up on the kids week that's gone, homework, school newsletters, overdue emails and clearing the answer phone.  All while trying to keep our eyes open after working over 60 hours in 5 days.  During one of the many trips down the hallway with arms loaded full of stuff to go somewhere,  I find the husband in our bedroom with a sly smile on his face "Do you want your birthday present early?" he asks "Ummm Yup" I hate surprises or waiting so that questions was always going to be a no brainer.  "Nah maybe I better wait til I get home on Monday to give it to you?" he then utters.  I gave him a look which I think clearly said 'I'm tired, you just mentioned a present and now you want to play some mental mind game? Are you crazy? Shits gonna get real if you don't pass it over right now and you may not survive this conversation if the giving doesn't start soon buddy"  He wisely understood that manic look on my face and then said "OK close your eyes" that was an easy request.  I had been wanting to do that since Wednesday.  I started guessing while he was rummaging under the bed.  "Is it a new puppy? A kitten? A fireman's helmet? A polystyrene bag? A tutu? You can see how tired my brain was He then gave me a very cool clue "What do you love to do?" "Blog" I whispered.  When I opened my eyes there in front of me was the most amazing unexpected generous gift.  A brand spanking new MacBook Pro.  Even in the box it was glorious.
 If you remember back to my post about how my little family are total 'Apple' Sluts you will appreciate why this gift bought tears to my eyes.  Also could've had something to do with my fatigue but either way it was a beautiful thing.  Even the kids worshipped in a silent awe.  I like to pat it every time I pass.

I'm sure I've mentioned it before and this won't be the last but shit I dig my husband.


2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! U are super spoilt and now my pressie is gona look shite, good one Seano, next time I see u I may give u a punch buggy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you'll be able to blog in the dark now with your fancy as backlit keyboard- I luuuurve my mac book pro : )

    ReplyDelete