Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Just call me Pig Hunter

Well our first week with the Devine Miss Ruby has been anything but boring.  I have learnt a few things about Pigs.  They are stubborn and Wiley little buggers.  If they want to go exploring, not much will put them off or stop them.  They are mental for food.  They grunt alot and are sooo freaken cute. You should see this girls eye lashes.
But when they go walkabout, you end up resorting to high pitched pig calling for hours on end, just waiting for that little face to come through the bushes.  Xmas day was spent stressfully trying to achieve exactly that.  Day two of having her as part of our family and the little Houdini decided 5 mins before we had to leave for Xmas lunch to go bush.  This resulted in us being an hour and a half late and me to be an uptight wreck all day.  Straight home for 2 more hours of calling and walking the neighbourhood.  What a way to meet your neighbours.  The weird lady wandering and yelling out "Ruuuubbbbbyyyyyyy, here Ruby girl" whilst rustling a bread bag like it was a freaken musical instrument.  Long story short she came home.  Although with a small cut on her back and very nervous.  Since then its all been Happy Days, I'm not sure if the walk has scared her enough to realise she is living Pig Utopia at our place or if the 20 large pieces of wood I have placed on every slight hole I can find is keeping her in but either way she is staying put.
I now have another body to follow me around with the dogs and the cat.  I have a shower and they all sit on the floor and wait for me to get out.  I've got a wee grunting buddy who sleeps down by or under my bed and who loves to join the competition to have a tummy scratch.  She squeals when shes hungry or can't find us and is completely house trained.  I can't imagine what life was like before she joined in with our crazy world.  I do keep having to remind myself that at some point she will probably triple in size but hey there are bloody big dogs out there and they are allowed inside so we will just wait and see how this all plays out....watch this space.










1 comment:

  1. We are so looking forward to meeting her next week

    ReplyDelete