Saturday, August 4, 2012

My new job as an Olympic Commentator


So have you heard the Olympics is on?! The entire Universe is consumed by it...and from someone who has never played sport (unless you count when I was 11 and in the D Netball team at primary school - pretty sure D team is code for Vege Team) and who has never really watched sport (except for back in high school when it was cool to spend hours and hours of mind numbing boredom watching the boyfriend play cricket *yawn but was really only there to work on my tan and hope for a quick pash in the bushes during drinks breaks.)  I am freaken loving it!  Its crazy how someone with no sporting prowess can suddenly become more of an expert than the actual team coaches.
At some points during the night, I have a sudden urge to get on a plane and rip that whistle out of their expert hands and show them how its done.  The husband sends me off to bed when the swimming comes on...don't get me started on our swimmers.  I thought the Olympics was THE sporting event in any one's career, so I don't get how they can be 2 seconds off their best when it comes time to pull some fins out of your ass. (excuse the angry talk)
I do have to turn away at the weight lifting however, I just keep visualising arms snapping or knees popping (I feel dizzy thinking about it....deep breath in deep breath out).  Shall we talk about the Ping Pong?! (or Table Tennis if you want to be all official) O the joy of it to watch. I love everything about it (maybe cause I can see that if only I'd put a bit more work into the table we had out in the garage when I was 10, I too could be at these games,  sporting the essential bowl cut - I think that cut shaves 10 secs off their time? - I heard that somewhere? Maybe it was a different sport..I don't know!
So far I've been lucky and haven't had to venture too far into the whole Saturday morning kids sport thing..the teenager is showing signs of being a sloth just like her mother but the younger two seem to totally dig running around and getting sweaty. Stink to be my kids cause I don't do 'mornings' or 'cold.' I was never destined to be Micheal Phelps's Mama.   Jesus the effort and sacrifice she must of put in..hope he bought her some good shit to say Thanks.
As I type this we have mightily achieved 3 Thirds and 3 Well-Rowed Firsts.  I have high hopes that all my yelling and hand gestures should definitely produce another couple of those Gold Ones in the up coming days...You can thank me with a parade at the end.
 
C'MON THE KIWIS!!!!!!!

An important part of Table Tennis is praying the wind doesn't change

Unfortunate :(


4 comments:

  1. I'm loving the clips at the beginning of some of the other sports like synchronised diving and white water kayaking which make me an expert. "Oooh, his partner was higher coming off his hurdle jump off the board" or "that's a 50 sec penalty for not going through that gate".

    Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally vote to have an alternative commentator option if you were on the list!! I

    It's not the coaches I want to fly like the wind to waggle my finger at, its the commentators mouths that I want to punch. Are they really getting paid to be there and drawl on about nothing, share pointless tid bits of information all while maintaining what must be faces similar to those of your ping pong heroes?? Seriously the mute button has never been so well used.

    PS. You'd look awesome as a ping pong player- I think we should work on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You there, this is really good post here. Thanks for taking the time to post such valuable information. Quality content is what always gets the visitors coming. Teacup puppies for sale

    ReplyDelete