Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sometimes Stuff isnt so bad

For the 2000th time I curse the thing I call a handbag...it's a necessary evil..can't live with can't live without but I sure can fill it with crud. It's basically a mini garage *sigh.  Now on the outside my bags are gorgeous but on the inside they're screaming to be let out of the asylum. Today I have copious amounts of receipts, a table number tag (from a restaurant we went to last fri night I think??) pens, empty tictac packets, chewing gum wrappers, a lollipop, tweezers, itchy bite cream, two hot wheels cars, 6 mighty beans, my gloves, the 7yr olds gloves, a dog collar, my wallet, my phone and some ladies products.  When I want to change bags I just move the wallet and phone and leave the rest to marinate until its next needed.
On a bad day I fantasise about when my kids are raised and gone and all the peace, quiet and clean surfaces I will be able to enjoy but actually I think the bit I will miss the most when that day does come will be the bit that drives me the most mental.  Imagine walking into the bathroom and not having to have a shower over top of dinosaurs, lego boats and barbies.  Imagine brushing your teeth and not having to sift through batman toothbrushes and 7 different sorts of toothpastes and without little rubber snakes staring up from the plug hole.  Imagine not seeing 5 different shampoos & conditioners littered throughout the bathroom.  Imagine not having mascarer pencil shavings all over the floor.  Imagine not smelling nail polish and deoderant down the hallway in the mornings.  Imagine not having to pick little green army men out of the pot plants.  Imagine not having to pick up 9 different Hot wheels cars from amongst the wine rack and imagine not tripping over 10 pairs of shoes been dumped at the front door.  Imagine not having to vacuum up hair clips, earrings, barbie shoes and lego bits.  Imagine not having to mow over plastic hippos and little fire engines.  Imagine not getting desperate texts in the middle of day to bring forgotten lunchboxes/homework/wallets to school.  Imagine walking down the hallway and not hearing three different types of music being played at high volume from all their bedrooms.  Imagine not seeing all those little angry notes that get left outside the doors when you've told them off...Maybe I wont imagine that day coming anytime soon.  Maybe my bad days aren't really so bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment