Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Road Rules

I'm a pretty good driver...no Greg Murphy or anything, I haven't had any accidents with other cars, other cars have had accidents with mine however.  A girl smashed into my old 4WD when it was parked outside our house, pushing it into the neighbours fence and writing it off..silver lining..Got paid out a pretty decent insurance claim for a car, which before the crash was on its last legs and wasn't really even worth $500...Hello my lovely BMW.
My biggest peeve when driving the streets are people who don't indicate.  Don't be that person!  I think I'm a bit OCD on indicating.  I indicate the arse off my world.  I'll even indicate at midnight with no other cars around just to pull into my driveway.  So you can imagine my delight when out one morning I came across a little old lady who felt the need to 'Double Rainbow' her right hand turning option...indicator flashing AND a straight arm out her window!  Grandma I 'fist pump' your effort to make sure all us other drivers knew exactly what your intentions were!!!
The complete opposite of that lady was the gentlemen (?) stopped in front of me and six other cars at a red light, who took that opportunity to open his car door and 'Vom' onto the road.  Piece of advice sir, giving me a little smile and a wave will never make what I witnessed OK...but as someone who in the very distant past has herself suffered from ugly morning sickness and has had to drive to work some days with an ice cream container on her lap, where upon stopping and sneakily emptying it into the nearest bush...I try not to judge too harshly.


3 comments:

  1. Ewww! I hope you swerved around it so there is no splatter up under your car and carrots and corn stuck in your tyre tread!! haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This and your handbag entry from my profesh opinion are your best work so far, I think u have found your flow hard out. I too indicate all by myself on the dark misty roads at top of my driveway, because u just never know if some freak will suddenly appear up ya bum coz his 50km zone is 95 and also the possums get to know when to run into trees as I hit the 60degree slope of my drive, kapai flicky lights, I shall try the arm next time too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get published my clever wee niece. I am so pleased you got your writing skills from our side of the family (plus of course your beautiful smile and your sense of humour!)
    Lots of love Aunty Kaye! XXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete